Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tennis Wednesday Comp

Tennis tonight - I have to travel to Port Hacking, way down Gannons Road, Caringbah... The team is a friendly team - we always have a good match against this team, we should win, my knee is feeling good - so now just have to hit the ball. I shall let you know how I go........ I will wear my Swannies shirt, I will be like the red flash, dashing around the court, diving for volleys and the like.. It will be fun.

Tennis was great...... there was a bit of rain around, we had two rain delays, but we continued. During our mixed, I was playing with Steve, we were 2 games each, then a brief shower, we come off, and after the resumption, we had great rallies but the extra moisture seemed to help their pairing and we lost the set 2/6. Prior to that we were leading by 6 games, so now the lead is reduced to 2...... we should win easily.....but looking a bit dodgy now......John and Nicole step up to the plate... we win the first game John's serve, they win the second, they win the third Nicole's serve and now their girl serves, if we lose this game the night is a draw. But Nicole cracks some great forehands, all of a sudden we lead 0/40 and an easy put away volley for John and game set match. We scrape in by 2 games......... Just a bit close. Good night had by us.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home